Understanding the difference between writing for print versus writing for the web starts with learning about how readers behave differently online. This course brings to light how to accommodate the needs of online readers through web design, writing style, structure and search engine optimisation.
Techniques for writing for your online readers, such as:
- what to consider before you start writing
- characteristics of good online content
- how to write for your audience
- how to maintain your content
More specifically you will learn:
- how to structure a web page
- considerations for search engines and accessibility requirements
- making your content scannable
- using keywords, headings, lists and links
- matching your company’s tone of voice
- creating a content strategy and style guide
- and many other things!